For Your Business
Community Futures Program (CFP)
- Community Futures Development Corporation of Chatham-Kent (CFDCCK) understands that small business has always experienced problems in obtaining financing.
- That is why this Community Futures lending program is in existence and represents another borrowing option for small to medium-sized businesses in conjunction with traditional lenders.
Canada Small Business Financing Program (CSBFP)
- The Canada Small Business Financing Program (CSBFP) is eligible to most start-ups and existing for-profit small businesses in Canada with gross revenues of $ 10 million or less. Such businesses can be corporations, sole proprietors, partnerships or cooperatives.
Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
- The Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) mission is to help create and develop strong Canadian businesses through financing and consulting services, with a focus on small and medium-sized enterprises.
Southern Ontario Fund for Investment in Innovation (SOFII) Program
The Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario) has launched a $ 20-million Southern Ontario Fund for Investment in Innovation (SOFII) Program through its Prosperity Initiative. The Southern Ontario Fund for Investment in Innovation (SOFII) Program will support high-growth, innovative Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) in rural and urban communities by offering loans of usually $ 150,000.00 to $ 500,000.00 to support all aspects of growth challenges facing them. The loans are intended to help finance:
- Late stage commercialization;
- New product or service development;
- New applications or markets; or
- Development or implementation of new processes or technologies.
The Southern Ontario Fund for Investment in Innovation (SOFII) loan funds will act as a catalyst for increased investment in and support for innovation and will be one element in the emerging climate of support for these high-growth companies in Southern Ontario.
Canada-Ontario Job Grant
Canada-Ontario Job Grant provides an opportunity for employers to invest in their workforce, with help from the government.
The Job Grant will provide direct financial support to individual employers who wish to purchase training for their employees. It will be available to small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees, and will:
- Provide up to $ 10,000.00 in government support per person for training costs.
- Require employers to contribute one-third of the total costs. There will be additional flexibility for small businesses to provide an in-kind contribution towards their share of the costs.
- Require training to be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer.
If you’re an employer with a particular skills demand, the Canada-Ontario Job Grant might be right for you. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis.
For further information, please contact the Employment Ontario Contact Centre. Call toll-free (no charge): 1-800-387-5656 or email to EmploymentHotlineInquiries@ontario.ca.
- Futurpreneur Canada is the only national, non-profit organization that provides financing, mentoring and support tools to aspiring business owners aged 18 – 39. Futurepreneur Canada’s internationally recognized mentoring program hand matches young entrepreneurs with a business expert from a network of more than 2,800 volunteer mentors.
- Futurepreneur Canada has been fueling the entrepreneurial passions of Canada’s young enterprise for nearly two decades.
Summer Company Program for Students (Ontario)
- Learning how to run you own student business is one of the best summer jobs you can have. You get to be your own boss while learning what it takes to manage a business. Sales, marketing, bookkeeping, customer relationship management and networking are just a few of the highly useful skill you’ll develop.
- You may be eligible for start-up money of up to $ 3,000.00 for students ages 15 – 29 to kick-off a new summer business.
- You can also get advice and mentorship from local business leaders to help get the business up and running.
Rise Asset Development (RISE)
Rise Asset Development (RISE) is a registered charity that provides low interest small business loans, free training & mentorship to men and women with a history of mental health or addictions challenges.
For further information, please contact RiseAssetDevelopment.com toll-free (no charge): 1-855-464-RISE (7473) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canada Summer Jobs
“Supporting Students: Serving Communities”
- This program is focused on encouraging not-for-profit organizations, public sector employers and small businesses with 50 or fewer employees to create jobs that not only meet their needs, but also benefit students looking to gain work experience.
- It is a Government of Canada initiative that provides funding to help employers create summer job opportunities for students.
- It is designed to focus on local priorities, while achieving tangible results for both students and their communities.
Take Your Business Global (Ontario)
- For businesses looking to export their products, this Ontario website will provide you with the information you need.
Click here for more information.
Canada Business Network
- This website has links to more funding opportunities, information about registration, licenses, fees, taxes, imports and exports and applying for a government contract.
Click here for more information.